Savor the Beauty of Mendenhall Glacier
Located about 12 miles north of downtown Juneau, in Southeast Alaska, is the iconic Mendenhall Glacier. This beautiful scene is the setting for the painting "Mendenhall Beauty" by Alaska artist, Karen Whitworth. In this vibrant artwork, Whitworth explores a play on words: Fire & Ice. The fire is represented by the beautiful meadow full of fireweed wildflowers that are so prevalent across the state of Alaska. The Ice portion of course, is more literal with the majestic glacier, a mass of ice, creeping towards the viewer like a frozen river through the Mendenhall Valley. With picturesque alpine ridges towering in the distance, and the Juneau Ice Field, a relic from the last ice age, just beyond view, this region is a gorgeous example of Alaska's natural beauty and rugged character.
Paper Print Features
- Made in the USA
- Standard sizes for easy framing
- Vibrant color
- FREE US shipping
- Acid free mat board to create a visual border around the print
- Made from 4 ply gallery board to protect the art
- Includes a classic bevel cut mat opening
- Outside dimensions are compatible with standard size frames
- Comes in a clear protective sleeve with a protective backing board, perfect for display or gifting prior to framing.
Want Something Special?
This painting is also available as a Museum Quality Giclee Canvas signed by the artist. Thanks to this premium printing method, each canvas features incredibly rich colors and beautiful details that pop in a stunning way. Paired with various finish options like custom framing and even personalization, this format creates a truly special piece of wall art that will be enjoyed for generations.